History of the department

1938 Lectureship for Industrial Furnace Construction
1948 Chair of Industrial Plants and Industrial Furnace Construction
April 1957 Foundation of the Chair of Industrial Furnace Science
Associate Professor H. Schiedeßen
1960 Foundation of the Institute for Industrial Furnace Construction and Heat Engineering in Metallurgy
Professor H. Schiedeßen
1967 Lectureship in Industrial Furnace Construction and Heat Engineering in Metallurgy
1971 Lectureship in Energy and Mass Transport
1971 Retirement of Professor H. Schwiedeßen
1971-1976 Substitute Professor Dr.-Ing. Günther Woelk
1976 New appointment of Professor Dr.-Ing. Herbert Wilhelmi to the chair
1996 Retirement of Professor Dr.-Ing. Herbert Wilhelmi
1996 Renaming of the chair to High Temperature Technology
11/1996-03/1998 Substitute Professor Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Köhne
04/1998 New appointment of Professor Dr.-Ing. Herbert Pfeifer to the chair
2004 Groundbreaking for the building of the IOB’s new technical centre
2007 50th anniversary celebration
2009 – 2010 New construction of the Institutes building in the Kopernikusstr. 10 with an additional technical centre
2017 60th anniversary celebration